The Rollmate® permits inspection of rolls of any alloy, forged and cast, during the grinding process. The Rollmate is the newest and most advanced roll inspection system in the market, and the only one capable of detecting surface micro-cracks on any type of rolls.
- Hybrid technique piezoelectric and magnetic (patented).
- Modular design that can incorporate all currently available inspection techniques into one sensor assembly:
- Surface (0-2mm) and sub-surface axial (2-58mm).
- Surface (0-2mm) and sub-surface circumferential (2-58mm).
- Core-shell disbond.
- Bruise (soft area) detection.
- Shell thickness measurement.
- Detects surface micro-cracks as small as 0.1mm.
- Designed for seamless integration with any grinder. Options include:
- Actuator is integrated within the instrumentation cabinet, and installs as one piece on the grinding carriage.
- The actuator can be seperate from the instrumentation and mounted at any angle on the roll.
- Performs inspection while grinding.
- Insensitive to roll magnetism, inspects rolls of any alloy.
- Expert system to monitor roll performance and estimate remaining life.
- Fully automated.