The temate® PI-NB is an automated ultrasonic system for volumetric inspection of metallic plates using normal beam sensors. The temate PI-NB can be customized to meet your unique inspection needs.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Detects planar defects using 0º sensors. Meets all relevant plate inspection standards, including EN10160, ASTM A435, and ASTM A578.
- Permits inspection at very high temperatures (up to 650º) and very low (-30ºC).
- Easy to deploy: EMATs do not need to be perpendicular to the inspected surface to give reliable data, and surface variations caused by oil, moisture, or oxidation do not diminish accuracy.
- Consistent results: EMAT coils are integrated circuits with virtually no variation from probe to probe.
- Scalable to meet any plate width.
- Off-line and in-line integration options available.