The temate® SI-WB is the industry standard for automated inspection of laser welds in Tailor Welded Blanks. The temate SI-WB can be integrated on any line using the line conveyor, de-stacking robots or automated and manual scanners from Innerspec or other vendors.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Guided waves fill up the volume of the material and provide thru thickness inspection in one pass.
- Detects and discriminates “planar” defects such as lack of fusion, lack of penetration, concavity or mismatch, and “point” defects such as holes and porosity.
- Insensitive to cosmetic defects that do not affect the structural quality of the weld. No false positives, typical of vision systems.
- Less sensitive to probe positioning, no “rastering” motion or “phased array” of sensors necessary. Self-calibrated sensor. No need for teaching period or regular calibrations. Permits inspection at up to 1m/s in completely automated environments.
- Exclusive flexible sensor technology that conforms to the surface and undulations of the part.
- Multi-sensor capabilities with one system controlling up to three sensor heads.
- Most proven and reliable system in the market with hundreds of systems installed.
- Steel and Aluminum, all grades coated and uncoated
- 0.010” (0.3mm) to 0.138” (3.5mm) thickness
- Lack of Penetration
- Lack of Fusion
- Volumetric guided waves for inspection of the weld (i.e. top and bottom surface, and internal).
- Dry-coupled piezoelectric testing provides the high accuracy and repeatability of EMAT and conventional UT for applications where liquid couplant is not an option.
- Pitch-catch and pulse-echo configurations.
- Maximum sample rate of 2000 pulses per second for inspection speed of 1m/s.
- Sensor: 6” (152mm) W x 7.1” (180mm) L x 5.9” (150mm) H. Weight 10 lbs (4.5 Kg).
- Data Acquisition Cabinet: Enclosure is 24” (610mm) W x 32.3” (820 MM) L x 69” (1750 mm) H, weighing 500 lbs (225 Kgs).